Article

Codrington College

Codrington College (Sargeant Street, St. John’s Parish)  – located in St. John’s parish (on the island’s east coast), this one-time plantation house was later bequeathed to a religious society that converted the house (and its grounds) into a seminary.  Founded in 1702, this was the first institution of higher learning in the island.  The College has since fallen into ruin (with lines of poetry still found near its swimming pool.